My client has a new requirement for a QA Tester/Data Analyst for BSA/AML compliance models and controls (e.g. transaction monitoring, customer risk scoring, sanctions screening). As a software tester, you will be responsible for creating and conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the solutions are suitable for deployment and any bugs or issues are removed. You will monitor production code through automated regression testing and document any defects. While prior experience in anti-money laundering and sanctions is useful, it is not a requirement.
This is a contract, rate per day, role and will run through to December with a possibility to roll over to the following year.
- Work with developers to create and execute unit and smoke testing.
- Design functional and non-functional tests to reduce risk.
- Conduct stress testing, performance testing, functional testing, and scalability testing.
- Plan and execute integration and regression testing.
- Run manual and automated tests.
- Monitor applications and software systems post-deployment.
- Write bug/defect reports and document analysis.
- Work towards departmental and project deadlines.
- Provide objective feedback to software development project teams.
- Communicate with project teams in other parts of the world.
In addition to software testing duties, the role will involve building and maintaining data quality monitoring to support BSA/AML models and regulatory reporting.
- Collaborate with data governance and data science resources to analyze, establish, and document data flows, data lifecycles, technical metadata, data lineage, and business definitions.
- Develop and document data quality testing and monitoring scenarios (e.g. summary statistics, source to target testing, correlation analysis).
- Proactively monitor, measure, analyze, execute, track and report on data quality issues.
- Prior experience in model risk management is an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in a software testing and/or data quality analyst role.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field.
- Experience in building and executing automated regression tests (e.g. Selenium, Watir).
- Exposure to test management applications (e.g. Xray, Zephyr, QMetry, Bitbucket).
- Strong experience in data profiling, root cause analysis, data cleansing & manipulation.
- Ability to organize and write clear test artifacts and documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, CFE, and CRCM).
- A recognized data quality certification (e.g. ISO 8000).
- Exposure to CI/CD environments.
- Prior experience with Jira, GitHub, Apache Airflow, SQL, and/or Python.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and pipelines (Elasticsearch, MongoDB).