Our client is an international green energy producer with an initial focus on PV solar who own and operate a diverse portfolio of PV solar parks internationally with a European operational headquarters based in West Dublin
They are seeking a highly motivated engineer/analyst with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry who will be responsible for the remote monitoring of the power generation of renewable assets for company in various locations around Europe.
Operations will be handled through software supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems such as Meteocontrol, Green Power Monitor and AlsoEnergy (Skytron) and the role will involve the management of third-party operation and manage providers.
- Verify the correct operation of solar plants through the detection of anomalies, alarms, and abnormal conditions.
- React to alerts and faults following company procedures and standards in order to guaranty safe and compliant operations.
- Act proactively as an operator by anticipating critical conditions, checking status based on all parameters available by the system, identify and pre-empt abnormal situations not necessarily captured by an alarm, etc.
- Coordinate emergency response, operations, maintenance activities with external parties
- Optimising timing of maintenance works undertaken and recommending site improvement works including cost versus benefit/risk analysis.
- Organise and support the testing and commissioning of the remote capabilities for new plants to include insurance, security, installation of monitoring and H&S systems.
- Performance analysis including categorising downtime and investigating any variations in actual export against budget.
- Work with local O&M providers to prepare operational monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports including string availability, PR, maintenance activities and HSE aspects.
- Prepare and manage annual O&M budgets with a 3-to-5-year optimisation strategy.
- Liaising closely with other departments managers to standardise processes, recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Electrical Engineering with 5 years’ experience in the green energy industry or alternatively experience in a similar role.
- Strong computer skills are a must (Proficiency of the MS suite) (SCADA systems)
- Fluency in English is a must
- Analytical abilities to collect, evaluate numerical data, and complete both internal and external reporting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open-minded and willing to learn
- Target driven with advanced analytical skills
- Independent with a problem-solving mentality
- Comfortable working on own initiative setting goals and assuming responsibility