Solution Architect – Dublin/Remote
Our client, a global provider of digital transformation solutions and Enterprise Software seeks to hire an experienced Solutions Architect. The successful candidate will collaborate with project managers to ensure effective and efficient development, delivery, deployment, operation and support of their IS solutions.
· Architect custom, reusable solutions for a variety of projects.
· Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level.
· Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of projects.
· Contribute to the Architect profession worldwide and across the company businesses.
· Develop for client technically feasible long-term IT strategies and plans.
· Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies.
· Identify and address technical or operational risks.
· Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects.
· Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
· Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/Executive Staff/CIO levels for medium to large opportunities (R).
· Coach and mentor Specialist level architects.
Education and Experience Required:
· Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
· Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
· Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level IT based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
· Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
· Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
· Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications.
· Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, ITSM).
· Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
· Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
· Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
· Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions.
· Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
· Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
· PL/SQL skills
· SW Dev skill in Java/C#/Python
There is a competitive salary package on offer for this opportunity. If interested in learning more, please forward your CV using the apply button