Role Overview The primary responsibilities of the solutions architect as part of a highly skilled team are to work on the solutions design in an enterprise context seeking to leverage the best industry standards and practices, and also advocates in the adoption of edge technologies tying with stakeholders’ expectations and budget allocation. The person will be a role model in terms of behaviors and actions and will proactively and positively support the culture of our organization. Primary Objectives • Translate business requirements into a technical solution view and vice-versa aimed to deliver business value to our stakeholders. • Design solutions taking an enterprise-wide view for new services and applications as well as integration solutions for legacy systems, ensuring the design is realized in the end product. • Working closely with Solutions Architecture Team to contribute with architecture vision, discussing ideas of architectural patterns, tyles and its trade-offs. • Partner with application architects, tech leads and developers across different regions, to help them with the solution and technical understanding. • Development of prototypes and proof of concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies. • Outstanding communication and stakeholder management capability with technology and business stakeholders. • Provide technical guidance and coaching to colleagues across all disciplines in order to support business and operational partners.
Knowledge & Skills
• At least 8 years’ experience in software engineering with at least 2 years in an architecture role.
• Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of digital solutions at pace within a large organisation.
• Deep knowledge of large-scale solution architecture patterns.
• Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle on which has experience with CI/CD/CD (Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment), security, policies and governance.
• Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and the ability to provide technical thought leadership and ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
• Have in-depth knowledge of:
o Software engineering fundamentals with a problem-solving mindset.
o Security first mindset.
o Microservices architecture style.
o Full Stack solutions (frontend to backend).
o API Gateways – such as Apigee, Kong, Ambassador etc.
o Distributed computing.
o Enterprise-scale data structured – OLTP - and unstructured database experience.
o CAP theorem as well as ACID and BASE principles.
o Network and transport layers – TCP, TLS and mutual TLS.
o Communication protocols – REST, gRPC, HTTP/2.
o Encryption and Hashing mechanisms – symmetric/asymmetric – AES/RSA/SHA.
o Building resilient and fault tolerant solutions – high-availability clusters, in-memory data grids, caching mechanisms, Non-blocking I/O solutions.
o Experience using containers – Docker etc.
o Cloud technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS – Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. Deep understanding of provisioning and security models of a leading cloud providers.
• Would be an advantage:
o Payment domain knowledge.
o Experience with inter-service communication – Service Mesh.
o Experience with Orchestration technologies – Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.
o Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) - tools such as Terraform, Helm and CloudFormation.
o Experience in creating immutable infrastructure and continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
• Outstanding written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
• Detail and customer oriented with a passion for delivering outstanding quality.
• Can do, will do attitude. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.