Staff R&D Engineer
Any applicant must have an existing work permit Stamp 4 or an EU passport to apply.
- Lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with key customers.
- The Staff R&D Engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Communicate project status, performance, and risks to the key stakeholders.
- Lead the service delivery requirements on time in full (OTIF) for the group.
- Customer management: The Staff R&D Engineer will have responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The Staff R&D Engineer ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, Lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation to achieve targets and manufacturing costs. Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Level 8 or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Quality and Regulatory (Design Control) requirements associated with all phases of product design and development.
- A proven track record of leading teams through design device development through Concept Development, Design Freeze, Design Verification / Validation and transfer into Manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction, and application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating, and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures.
- Laser cutting and welding.