Staff Software Engineer C#
Our exclusive client Global Payments Integrated are looking to add a Staff Software Developer C# to their high performing engineering team.
Based in Belfast you will join a team of engineers who work in an extremely supportive and collaborative environment.
As a Senior Staff Engineer C# you will lead from the front and support the existing software engineering team that performs a huge variety of functions across a truly global business.
Every day Global Payments Integrated makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using their payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.
Their worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results.
They are driven by their passion for success and are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions.
As a Staff Software Engineer you will be recognised as a strong technical expert and leader.
You, as a Staff Software Engineer, are responsible for the design and development of our Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products primarily on C# on the .Net platform.
You will utilise state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
You will be responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. The working environment will empower you and let you focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
As a Staff Software Engineer you will have a strong background in C# on the .Net platform and the ability to work autonomously from product requirements through to release.
You will be comfortable working in short development cycles, highly focused on design and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement, retrospective kaizens, and shared learning.
You will be analytical, adhere to best practice and be meticulous with your documentation.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Inspiring your team as a technical leader – training, mentoring and motivating team members by setting an example as to how software development projects can be successfully executed
- Improving the software development process, methodologies and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification – delivering better software, faster and cheaper!
- Collaborating with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours
- Identifying critical activities & tasks on projects, helping with estimation and planning, ensuring timely and accurate communication of status, resolving issues, and contributing beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate
- Assisting with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centre – the team are responsible from Requirements Analysis through to Release!
- Being proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Being a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
What we ask for:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
- Experience in server product development
- An understanding of database design and development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience in Web Services
What we'd like you to have (but don't need immediately):
- Experience in asynchronous messaging systems.
- Experience of Windows development on .NET
What’s in it for you:
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working with the option to work from home
- Free car parking at the office
- 25 days holiday (+ 10 statutory days) & option to buy extra days per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Income protection
- Life Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched up to 5%)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Office lunches
- Summer/Christmas Parties + social events throughout the year