Strategy Lead Analyst
The Strategy Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
• Lead projects across their lifecycle: identifying and structuring the problem, analysing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
• Manage all aspects of client service, including planning, prioritizing and organizing projects.
• Develop and strengthen relationships with executives across the business.
• Identify opportunities to add value beyond the scope of formal projects.
• Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
• Efficiently solve complex, ambiguous problems/situations.
• Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
• Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
• Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
• Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
• Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding organisation, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 6-10 years experience in financial services.
• Strategy consulting experience.
• Ability to problem solve, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation.
• Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement.
• Creativity and independent thinking;
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Collaborative work style; effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies. Leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders. Highly motivated and with enthusiasm for Financial Services industry and desire to master the business.
• Sound working knowledge of financial modelling and can analyse financial statements. Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel.
• Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree