Our client is a leading steel distributor and manufacturer with a history of commitment to excellence and innovation. This company source and distribute premium standard and specialised steels to all industry sectors across the island of Ireland and the UK.
The Supply Chain Manager will work directly with key stakeholders in the Operations, Manufacturing, Sales and Finance functions to effectively develop and communicate and execute the most accurate, supply plan that will drive an integrated operational and financial planning process. This position will leverage best practices and drive for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate shall be able to perform strategic procurement of commodity materials, search for better purchasing contracts and source suppliers most beneficial for our business.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Leads the inventory management & raw material planning processes across multiple locations in Ireland, ensuring alignment to world trade agreements
· Collaborates with stakeholders and leadership to set long term inventory and planning strategies for materials and consumables.
· Work with the purchasing team to ensure materials are procured in alignment with production demands.
· Investigate, scrutinise and create new supply chains while also delivering improvements with existing partners and vendors in relation to sustainability and cost reductions.
· Implement a robust S&OP process, working with Sales and Operational teams to ensure alignment across functions.
· Lead the quarterly stock take across multiple sites in Ireland, working with key stakeholders to reconcile variances and update internal systems as required
· Ensure key supply chain performance metrics are delivered and provide analysis & insights to key drivers & areas of opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Pro-actively assesses upstream supply chain risk on a continuous basis and working with key stakeholders to ensure strategies are in place to mitigate supply risks.
· Key stakeholder in site budget and inventory projection process for materials
· Collaborates with Finance and Manufacturing teams to analyse production/material variances and adjusts systems accordingly.
· Ensure the accuracy of supply chain and purchasing master data within the IT systems
· Key stakeholder and leader in the introduction of new products to site.
· Quality management ensuring material purchased meets all required standards.
- B.S. in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or science-related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Supply Chain role with experience in Production, Planning, Scheduling and Inventory management.
- Excellence negotiation and networking skills.
· Very strong IT, numerical and data analysis skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of an inventory management system (Microsoft Navision or similar).
· Ability to collaborate, communicate and influence at all levels of our business.
· Experience in Project Management and/or Lean Manufacturing processes is a plus
· A team player who will function with the whole team in mind, the common goal of all personnel within our company is to succeed in being the best that we can be.
· Integrity and openness.
· Strong leadership capabilities (competitive, resilient, passionate, humble and compassionate).
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
· Strong Collaboration & influencing skills.
· Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude
If you’re interested in applying or want to know more about this exciting role, contact Sarah Fletcher in CPL Galway in complete confidence on 091 509 748 or email your CV to [email protected]