System Test Engineer
Our Client, a leading provider of driving assistance systems in the Automotive industry seeks to hire a System Test Engineer who will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of the Test Strategy required to validate the next generation SVS & ADAS Cameras.
· Design and Implement the Test Strategy required to satisfy the needs of the project.
· Create Test Specification to cover safety and security mechanisms outlined for the project
· Produce Test plans for each phase in line with the agreed Test Specification and Feature by Phase document, including timing plans & identified resources.
· Manage the full execution of the Test plans for each phase including monitoring & controlling progress & collation, evaluation & reporting of all test results, both internally & externally.
· Provide support to update timing plans for planning and tracking test progress.
· Develop design for test requirements, test strategies and test bench concepts sufficient to test customer requirements, internal requirements and regulatory requirements.
· Communicate to Tools Development Team on test bench requirements, customer milestones and delivery requirements
· Support Tools Team with all relevant information required to design and develop HiL benches and data storage concepts to validate camera based advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
· Automate HiL test equipment and implement continuous improvements to increase robustness and level of automation of the test system.
· Support function owner/test leads to prepare internal/external reporting to customers or suppliers in relation to project needs.
· Work closely with internal/external contractors, Engineers and Technicians to ensure delivery of robust system test solutions
· Assist where needed with Tools Development Team on selection of equipment suppliers/developers in the development of test solutions.
· Assess the needs and capabilities of external suppliers for specialised Cyber Security testing as required.
· Develop alternative solutions to existing test applications for future projects keeping abreast of the industry standards.
· Participate in Technology/Supplier/Test tool selection for new projects
· Ensure automotive SPICE compliance and internal processes
· Degree/Masters in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
· Systems engineering experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a multi-functional environment, preferable in a Test role
· Automotive system / software experience.
· Experience in test automation using tools such as Labview, python, C++, Java an advantage
· Experience with CAN/Flexray/Automotive Ethernet networking and CAN/Flexray/Automotive Ethernet based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe and CANape a distinct advantage.
· Knowledge of script languages (Python, Perl or equivalent)
· Automotive industry experience is an advantage.
· Experience in Functional Safety standard ISO26262 is an advantage
· Experience or knowledge in Automotive Cyber Security standards is an advantage
· Algorithm testing experience.
· Experience with IBM DOORS requirements management system a distinct advantage.