My client is currently looking to add to their team with a Systems Engineer who will work as part of their established Global Systems Engineering Team – EMEA, Japan and US. Please note that this is a fully remote role with the expectation to come into the office only occasionally.
Alongside the ongoing management of an existing data centre a full cloud migration strategy is in place. Any experience gained moving workloads to Azure would be particularly useful.
Day to day activities include :
• Troubleshoot systems to include hardware, software, and applications utilizing standard Microsoft and open source toolsets.
• Install, configure, maintain and administer Windows Server 2008-2019 in a large production
environment both locally and remotely.
• Prepare written and visual/schematic documentation as required to satisfy documentation standards.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure stability and availability
Qualifications and Experience
• Knowledge of CISCO UCS servers and Pure storage hardware (or other major Intel server
manufacturer/Flash Stack) to include Disk Fault Tolerance, Network Configuration, System Configuration Utilities.
• Working knowledge of data centre operations, network operations, network management, network protocols, infrastructure design and implementation, client/server architectures and application security.
• Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies and 1-3 years cloud infrastructure and/or service(s) administration experience (AWS, MS Azure, etc.)
If you would like some further detail on this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990 or to apply for the role just use the link provided.