Position Title: Tax Manager, European Tax Reporting (12 Month Contract)
Department: Tax Division Grade:
Posting Date: Location: Dublin, Ireland
Functional Area: European Tax Operations Functional Area Lead: VP Tax Operations
Direct Supervisor: Senior Director or Director Direct Supervisor’s Title: Senior Director or Director
Direct Reports (if applicable)
Title: Senior Tax Accountant or Tax Accountant Level of Exposure: TBD
Brief Position Description:
This position will manage the delivery of all tax reporting processes completed by at least one tax accountant of the European Tax Operations Team. This role will primarily consist of managing at least one tax professional working closely with Financial Shared Services. Core responsibilities will include ensuring delivery of quality US GAAP tax reporting to the NY Reporting Team, local statutory reporting and delivery of local Tax Returns. Although the role is more review focused, there will be preparation work required as well.
- Education and Background: Preferred: Qualified Accountant
- Minimum of 5-8 years post qualification experience in industry or a “Big 4” accounting firm
- In house experience
Required Experience: Preferred:
- Experience of US GAAP tax accounting principles or IFRS
- Experience in Tax Reporting
- Experience in managing multiple resources
- Commercial understanding and ability to express tax concepts in a commercial framework
- Experience working on tax compliance and reporting activities across multiple European countries
- Practical experience with working with accounting and financial IT systems Shared Services experience
- US Multinational experience
- Enterprise Resource Planning experience
- Tax Technology experience
- Year End Consolidation experience gained in a large accounting firm or commercial environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Preferred:
- Managerial ability and collaborative approach
- Project management skills
- Analytical and Problem solving propensity
- Aptitude to multitask and manage multiple and tight deadlines
- Proficient skills in financial systems
- Sound knowledge of the principles of direct taxation and their interaction with reporting processes
- Skills in organization and prioritization of work
- Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak more than one European language
- Team management experience
- Good Presentation skills
- Manage at least one member of the European Tax Operations Accountant Team covering all processes (US GAAP Reporting corporate tax returns, tax audits, analysis) and be accountable for the timeliness, completeness and integrity of output
- Although the role is more review focused, there will be preparation work required as well.
- Manage the supporting SOX Audit processes.
- Work with Shared Services to ensure all interactions between the tax and accounting organizations are planned and managed in an efficient and coordinated manner
- Maximize efficient resource allocation through delivering activities internally and controlling tightly the use of external providers
- Work with outsource providers to complete tax returns and supporting submissions
- Support tax audit and assist in the preparation of audit related analyses and correspondence
- Build effective relationships with the Tax Division Colleagues globally, Markets and Shared Services.
- Drive the use of technology to extract and manage data for reporting and returns in a in a highly automated and controlled manner
- Work with European Tax Planners to exercise tax technical skills in making judgments on the tax treatment or tactical approach to be adopted in relation to issues arising in European markets.
- Actively participate in mergers, acquisition and reorganization projects
- Responsibilities for the transition of market responsibilities from the business to the European Tax Centre.