The Technical Analyst will be part of a team responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day to day running of the laboratory. All new roles will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay, DNA staining,
- Maintenance and propagation of antibiotic free cell cultures.
- Microscopic evaluation of mammalian cells
- Carrying out virus and mycoplasma based test method procedures.
- Routine laboratory/equipment maintenance.
- Update current standard operating procedures.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Receipt and processing of test samples in LIMS.
- Assist Scientist and/or Department Manager in:
- Qualifying all cell banks/viral seeds including performance of viral titrations.
- Drawing up test method SOPs for AVA and Mycoplasma laboratories
- Qualification of AVA and Mycoplasma test methods in strict accordance with SOP(s) ensuring full GMP regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Responsible for reporting progress information to Management.
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Generate risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Cell Culture or Virology)
- With a B.Sc. a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Scientific Research required.
- Experience in cell culture techniques essential (antibiotic free highly desirable).
- Experience in in-vitro bioassays highly desirable.
- Experience in virology and biosafety testing requirements highly desirable.
Contact Brenda on 0858723761, firstname.lastname@example.org