Technical Lead – Software R&D
Climate change and ever-increasing scrutiny of an organisation’s sustainability and societal impact is creating a significant opportunity for the provision of insightful monitoring, analysis and visualization of critical data, and our client is doing just that. Our client is an innovative new SaaS business that is taking a leading position in the application of an integrated edge and cloud-based data management platform to the increasingly important field of environmental and infrastructure risk management.
The Company is headquartered in London with key operations in the U.S., Europe and South Africa and has a globally distributed software engineering team. Following 24 months of development between Inmarsat in the UK and Civic Connect in the US, this company was formed from a spin-out by Inmarsat in August 2021, merging with Civic Connect and attracting significant venture capital funding to position the company for rapid growth to scale.
With a global footprint, relaxed, creative, and quality-focused culture, this company is a great place to work and be part of a dynamic team with purpose and meaningful values.
Technical Lead – Software R&D
The Company recently closed on a funding round and is seeking to expand the Technical Leadership team in preparation for the scale-up of our Customer Product Deliveries. The Company expects to see a significant growth and ramp-up in customer deployments over the next 3 to 5 years.
The selected candidate will work directly with the Company’s existing seasoned Founding Technical Leadership along with the technical team to further enhance and develop our Software Product deliverables. while also helping to further the Company’s goal of making a positive impact on people’s lives and the environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who will play a pivotal role in the Company’s growth, strategy, and ultimate success.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Leads the R&D team specifically responsible for the web-based client software stack.
• Mentor team members to produce quality software deliverables following the Company’s Agile Development Methodology.
• As part of the team, takes on Architecture, Design, Development, Unit Test, and Technical Documentation.
• Provides technology / technical recommendations in response to Product Requirements.
• Design for Usability and Software Reuse
• Design for System Quality, Performance, Scalability, Resiliency, and Security
Desired background and experience:
• 7-10 years’ experience; with a progression into a software technical leadership role.
• Minimum BS in Software Engineering or equivalent; MS desirable
• Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology
• Experience coding to SaaS Web Services APIs; REST/SOAP, JSON, XML, SQL.
• Experience coding to third party SDKs; Google Maps, Leaflet, ARKit, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in developing clean, extensible, reusable, and maintainable code.
• Experience following test-driven development practices.
• Experience collaborating with cross functional teams across multiple time zones.
• Familiarity with performance, optimization, unit, and end-to-end testing frameworks.
• Target start date of January 2022 or earlier.
• Salary based on experience and qualifications.
• Eligible for equity and pay incentives.
• Full Company benefits.
• Remote working environment in the greater London area preferred—other remote locations considered for the right candidate.
• Must be available online minimally during operating business hours (GMT+1).