Our client, a leading laboratory supplier is looking for a Technical Sales Specialist to join their team! This is a full-time permanent position which will specialise in laboratory instrumentation and consumables.
The Technical Sales Specialist territory will cover Ireland West, everything left of Athlone North to South. The office is based in Dublin however the person can be based anywhere in Ireland!
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountability
· Develop and deliver a robust sales strategy to grow our laboratory consumable market share on the island of Ireland.
· Product and application knowledge are essential attributes of any successful salesperson, the breadth of our portfolio combined with ongoing technological improvements requires an insatiable appetite for learning.
· “Win the Customer” using various business development tools including but not limited to face to face meetings, account management, prospecting, presentations, marketing etc.
· Enhance and build productive long-lasting relationships with both new and existing customers.
· Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory which is Ireland incl. Northern Ireland.
· Maintaining activity & interaction data through the proper use of CRM and Outlook. Reports include weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
· Report and provide feedback using financial statistical data.
· Work with Marketing Department to plan, execute and measure success of campaigns.
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques
· Achieve sales and margin targets as set by the company.
Knowledge & Skills Required
· Proven Sales Experience of laboratory consumables or instrumentation in Life Science with a track record of over-achieving quota is desirable.
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
· Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management desirable
· Prospecting skills - Closing skills
· Practical experience of Life Science or Environmental Science Instrumentation and Techniques re:
· Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Culture or Microbiology would be beneficial
· Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
· Client relationship development skills
· Competent computer user, MS Office essential, CRM experience desirable.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671