Cpl, in partnership with our client Pfizer, are currently recruiting for Technical Services Manager/Project Lead to work on Pfizer's Global Technology & Engineering External Supplier team (GTE EM ES), to be based remotely or on one of Pfizer's Irish sites.
The GTE EM ES team provides customer-facing technical oversight to Global External Supply Team (small molecule, API & DP) through the management of complex projects (e.g. tech transfers to 3rd party Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs), and day-to-day technical support of the CMO, via the Virtual Site Oversight (VSOT) management model. The team leads projects, as well as strategy development and implementation, which are targeted at improving cost, quality, supply reliability and revenue generation. The scope of the team includes API, Drug Product manufacturing, and Packaging. In addition, the team directly supports the Global Established Products business through participation as Technology Team Leaders within the Product Portfolio Management structure.
The position will support complex investigations, technical assessments, hands-on CMO management, identifiying and managing projects to improve cost, quality and supply.
- Provides technical leadership to the GES business, via the Virtula Site Operational Team model or similar.
- Leads product transfers both to and between CMOs and requiring the highest level of project and program management competencies and capabilities;
- Provides timely and thorough project update reports to customers, via the established cadence and process
- Can work independently to meet key deliverables and milestones in addition to be able to effectively lead a matrix team of colleagues.
- Partners with other functional areas to achieve success against business goals and objectives: GES, COQA, Procurement, Planning, Finance, EHS
- Partners with other GTE functional areas in the completion of projects and goals in support of GES e.g. PASG, GTS SME teams.
- Seeks, develops and implements improvements to GTE work processes, where appropriate
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Deep knowledge in GMP and Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes is essential (knowledge should encompass solid, aseptic, liquid and semi-solid formulations as well as packaging operations; basic knowledge of API manufacturing would be advantageous).
- Experience in Project management, and abiltiy to build costs, resources and schedule for technical projects. Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple contract manufacturing locations.
- Demonstrated understanding of investigations. Ability to follow up a strategic flow for root cause analysis.
- Excellent teamwork, and ability to navigate in different areas and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Flexibility, ability to deal with ambiguity, and sense of personal ownership of deliverables and results are expected.
- Strong communication skills.
- Focus on customer service, with agility, clear communication and reaching goals.
- Expected strong commitment and willingness to learn new disciplines, having to deal with varied responsibilities.
- At least 8 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing or project management experience.
- Project management skills to include experience of successful delivery of projects on schedule and to budget.
- BSc in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or relevent disciplines
- Fluent in English.
- PMO, MBA or related in Project Management or Business would be desired.
- Aseptic manufacturing skills desirable.
- API and Solid Oral Dosage manufacturing operations
- Basic understanding of solid and liquid dosage formulation
- Understanding of API-DP interface
- General knowledge of API manufacturing.
- Basic knowledge of analytical methods as well as regulatory procedures & practices