We are currently looking for a German speaking Technical Support Engineer to provide support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff for a large data storage service provider.
The right candidate has demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, a subject matter expert and possess strong customer service experience.
The role focusing on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging products.
The candidate will respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in hardware or software products and ensure delivery of optimal results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German, and English
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills in stressful and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of one or more of the following protocols, applications and platforms: NFS, CIFS, SAN , iSCSI, TCP/IP, RAID, DNS, NIS and AD
Will need to:
- Create new knowledge base articles and improve existing ones for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Work to improve services provided through proactive feedback and improvements to processes and services.
Needs to have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as:
- NetApp Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
- Data ONTAP operating system and NetApp High-Availability (HA) technology
- UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
- Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
- NetApp MetroCluster
- SAN storage infrastructure (Broadcom, Cisco)
- The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) with NetApp storage systems and solutions
- Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix)
- NetApp Storage Management Software Suite
- NetApp Data Protection Software and related backup technology
- Performance issues relating to NetApp storage solutions
Expertise in AWS, Google and/or Azure cloud solutions is a plus
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in UNIX, Storage administration or technical support
To apply, please send your CV to Torben Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org and share this job with anyone that might be interested.