Technical Writer – Galway/Remote
Our client a multinational Telecommunications company seeks to hire a full-time Technical Writer who will be responsible for planning and creating technical product and solution documentation for their Voice product line. This documentation must effectively communicate conceptual, reference, and procedural system information for their next-generation phones; specifically, deployment, integration, configuration, administration, installation, and upgrade information.
Your day to day
· Working with business IP and media phones using your knowledge of VoIP, digital signal processing, networking, phone provisioning, and security protocols
· Creating technical task-based information for single-sourcing and repurposing
· Working in a structured authoring environment and DITA XML or have transitioned unstructured content to structured content
· Leading documentation projects and mentored other technical writers
· Working with a cross-functional team of local and remote subject matter experts (system and sales engineers; UX designers; product, QA, and support engineers; program and product managers) to plan, write, and edit topical information while meeting project requirements and schedules
What you bring to the team
· Educated in Technical Communications or related field.
· Five to eight years of experience writing a spectrum of technical information including telecommunications, hardware, software, and networking documentation.
· Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and professional energy and excellence.
· Self-directed with a strong skill set and intensity that allows for the execution of the job functions without clearly defined specifications and with minimal direction and oversight.
· Demonstrate good judgment on routine matters and explore appropriate methods for problem-solving.
· Experience using Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Teams, and Confluence.
· Skilled at using standard technical writing and DITA XML tools (such as Oxygen Author, SDL Tridion, and Adobe Acrobat Pro) and standard office tools (MS Office based).
· Expertise in standard documentation version control methodologies and content management systems.
· Familiarity with localization best practices.
There is an attractive Salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
Some benefits include:
· 10% bonus
· Pension matched at 6.5% contributions
· Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Eye Care
· 25 days annual leave
If interested, please forward your CV using the apply button.