Technical Writer III – Voice Products
Our Client, a global communications company is seeking a talented technical writer who will be responsible for planning and creating technical product and solution documentation for their Voice product line. This documentation must effectively communicate conceptual, reference, and procedural system information for their next-generation phones; specifically, deployment, integration, configuration, administration, installation, and upgrade information.
We’d love to hear from you if you have done the following:
· Worked with business IP and media phones using your knowledge of VoIP, digital signal processing, networking, phone provisioning, and security protocols
· Created technical task-based information for single-sourcing and repurposing
· Worked in a structured authoring environment and DITA XML or have transitioned unstructured content to structured content
· Led documentation projects and mentored other technical writers
· Worked with a cross-functional team of local and remote subject matter experts (system and sales engineers; UX designers; product, QA, and support engineers; program and product managers) to plan, write, and edit topical information while meeting project requirements and schedules
· Educated in Technical Communications or related field.
· Five- to eight-years of experience writing a spectrum of technical information including telecommunications, hardware, software, and networking documentation.
· Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and professional energy and excellence.
· Self-directed with a strong skill set and intensity that allows for execution of the job functions without clearly defined specifications and with minimal direction and oversight.
· Demonstrate good judgment on routine matters and explores appropriate methods for problem solving.
· Experience using Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Teams, and Confluence.
· Skilled at using standard technical writing and DITA XML tools (such as Oxygen Author, SDL Tridion, and Adobe Acrobat Pro) and standard office tools (MS Office based).
· Expertise in standard documentation version control methodologies and content management systems.
· Familiarity with localization best practices.
· Conform to document creation and control processes and established quality and style standards.
· Experience in information architecture and content strategy.
· Experience with standard version control methodologies and tools
· Experience creating graphics, using Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign, for use in technical documentation
· Experience creating microcontent.
· Experience using SDL Tridion.
· Experience creating API documentation.
· Experience with Acrolinx.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button