Technical Writer III
Our client, a Global Telecommunications company is seeking a Technical Writer/Information Designer who will be responsible for planning and creating text- and graphics-based technical content that effectively communicates conceptual, reference, and procedural information targeted to their headset product users.
Your day to day:
· Work with a cross-functional team of local and remote subject matter experts (system and sales engineers; UX designers, product, QA, and support engineers; program and product managers) to develop and implement documentation plans for headset projects.
· Create simple, direct, text- and graphics-based quick start guides and user guides applying the principles of minimalism and task-based, topic-based authoring.
o For text-based content, you will work in a structured authoring environment of DITA/XML to create clear and direct, single-sourced, and reusable content
o For graphics-based content, you will work in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign to optimize illustrations and content layout for usability while minimizing page count.
· Maintain the quality and consistency of text and graphic assets through use of a Content Management Systems (CMS).
· Lead documentation projects and mentor other technical writers.
What you bring to the team:
· Experience designing and creating text and graphical technical documentation for consumer hardware and software products, preferably for consumer telecommunication devices
· Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and professional energy and excellence, particularly when working with engineering, product management, and manufacturing partners.
· Self-directed with strong problem-solving skills that allow for execution of the job functions without clearly defined specifications and with minimal direction and oversight.
· Skilled at using standard technical writing tools (such as Oxygen Editor and Adobe Acrobat Pro) and standard office tools (MS Office based).
· Strong technical writing skills and adherence to generally accepted authoring procedures including conformance to corporate style guide, content development and technical review, editorial review, publishing to HTML and PDF, etc.
· Familiarity with localization processes and best practices.
Nice to have:
· Experience using JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
· Experience in information architecture and content strategy.
· Experience using CCMS applications, preferably SDL Tridion 14.
· Experience creating API documentation.
There is an attractive Salary package on offer as well as some great benefits.
If interested, please forward your CV using the apply button.