Test Engineer – Belfast
Our exclusive client Global Payments Integrated is looking to add a Test Engineer to their existing testing team.
Based in Belfast you will join a high functioning testing team providing support to multiple feature teams throughout the business.
Every day Global Payments Integrated makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using their payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid, and merchant services.
Their worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions, and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results.
They are driven by their passion for success and are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions.
You, as a Test Engineer, will help with the design and execution of testing artefacts for both new and existing projects within our Embedded and Gateway product lines.
Analytical & technical skills are required, along with an ability to understand how components fit together and are validated in a complex, distributed system. The right individual will have experience testing enterprise-class system software packages.
What you'll be doing:
- Become an expert with GPI products, APIs, and solutions
- Develop and execute test scenarios defining pass/fail criteria etc.
- Enhance and improve our existing test processes, scripts, and artefacts
- Work with product and development teams to deliver new products and features to market
- Leverage automation frameworks built by SET (Software Engineer in Test) to deliver functional and non-functional tests
- Utilise manual/exploratory testing techniques where automation is not prudent or possible
- Ensure features achieve the desired level of business / functional flow and quality
- Troubleshoot issues reported by ISVs, key accounts, and development teams
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on all Genius product line releases as well as for various other products
- Assist with software deployment activities within our production data centre
- Assisting in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assisting with software deployment activities to our production data centre
What we ask for:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in Computer Science (or related field) OR relevant work experience
- Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Appreciation of software engineering skills and Test methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development & Testing as a profession
- Experience in the credit card acquiring/processing industry
- Prior experience with ticketing systems/issue tracking software
- Testing/troubleshooting experience required with basic programming/scripting experience
What’s in it for you:
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working with the option to work from home
- Free car parking at the office
- 35 days holiday + option to buy extra days per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Income protection
- Life Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched up to 5%)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Office lunches
- Summer/Christmas Parties + social events throughout the year