In partnership with its client Kenny-Whelan & Associates is currently seeking a Maintenance Toolmaker Technician for the Cork area.
The Maintenance Toolmaker Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to the BioTools Manufacturing Operations and will execute all maintenance activities in support of production in a safe, cost-effective, and environmentally sound manner, assuring capacity and achieving plant performance metrics.
Equipment consists of Moulding machines, pick and place systems, packaging equipment, testing equipment, support utilities in a cleanroom environment
- Responsible for setting up the machines to produce the products to the specified quality standards
- Perform Preventive Maintenance tasks
- Make all necessary repairs to the machines
- Ensure all moulds are maintained to the highest level and all repairs both internally and externally are inspected and accepted.
- Complete trouble-shooting for all Moulding equipment and mould related issues.
- Work within a larger engineering team of mechanical and electrical resources including automation, facilities, project and system engineers, with emphasis on performance, involvement, teamwork and personal development.
- Utilize the existing CMMS system to ensure all maintenance activities through consistent application of a work order system.
- Identify areas in which maintenance capability should be improved
- Provide input into, and assist in the completion of, OPEX (Operational Excellence) projects to improve automation, reduce lead-time and reduce EHS risks in the department
- Reduce equipment downtime and increase efficiency of machine changeovers.
- Assists with resolutions of major technical issues with equipment.
- Some weekend work may be required to assist in on-going projects and validation.
- Travel as required to work on internal and external projects, e.g. transfers from other plants, new projects. Expected to be minimal
- Placing POs, liaising with vendors and contractors
- Toolmaker qualification essential
- Maintenance craft qualification with toolmaking experience will be considered
- Qualification in Moulding highly desirable
- GMP experience preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic systems in a production environment
- Experience of injection Moulding processes
- Preferable experience with a Calibration System
- Preferable experience with CMMS INFOR PM System;
- Experience with MS Office Suite essential, Word, Excel etc
For further information please contact Carmel Synnott on 00 353 21 4665405 / 087 7422268 or send your updated CV to email@example.com