Our clients are currently seeking a Qualified Toolmaker to join the team in Sligo on a full-time basis.
· Plan, program, set-up and operate a variety of machine tools.
· Read and interpret complex blueprints and drawings.
· Use precision measuring instruments and techniques to measure work pieces.
· Provide and adapt various complex cutting tools and fixtures to complete machining assignments for various production and support areas.
· Complete daily equipment maintenance.
· Support Fitting, Surface Grinding, and Assembly teams.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve or revise the designs of complex jigs, fixtures, and machines and tooling problems as required.
· Communicate and interface with various departments on process improvements and ensure best practice is consistently applied.
· Maintain safety and quality standards on equipment and work area.
Skills and Experience:
· Qualified Toolmaker with minimum 5 years’ post apprentice experience essential.
· Tool Maintenance experience essential.
· Fitting, Assembly, Surface Grinding and Polishing experience desirable.
· Medical Device experience is an advantage.
· Strong time management and planning skills.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Ability to work shift hours.