Our client is a Northern Irish based MEP contractor with reach across GB & ROI. They build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Due to continued growth they are looking to add a Trainee Electrical Estimator to their team.
The Trainee electrical estimator roll is a progression roll for an aspiring candidate to join the commercial team which is responsible for the estimating and commercial activities for the company’s 3no business units which include Major Contracts, Specialist Works & Facilities management.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The preparation of electrical estimates within a busy estimating department.
- Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
- Understand and analyse electrical, structural, architectural, and other related drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
- Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
- Assist with tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secure.
- Contribute to the preparation and cost calculation of value engineering/cost saving/’spend to save’ proposals.
- Ensure that the Michael Nugent Ltd values are represented in all delivery area communications and actions.
- Provide support to all document printing, filing and collation for the commercial department.
- Assist in preparation of external communication including marketing, bid and contract information.
- Check, acknowledge and log all tender documents and amendments, plus monitor tender document movements throughout the office.
- Adding tender to Tender Workload programme
- Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties and ensure BoQ’s are copied and drawings are prepared for site visits by assigned contracts manager / supervisor/ estimator.
- Carry out quantified take-offs for the various electrical packages.
- Attend tender launch and mid tender review meetings, brief team on tender enquiry status and supplier / sub-contractor feedback, take and issue minutes.
- Time served commercial / industrial electrical installation background or alternative practical site-based experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound electrical technical knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Have IT skills to a high standard.
- Be able to express ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication.
- Work well and confidently as part of a team is a busy estimating environment.