Periodically, document control specialists might be responsible for training employees on records management procedures and policies, which include documentation, retention, retrieval, destruction and disaster recovery. They also assist with file migrations and audits, and perform administrative tasks as needed.
Document control specialists often work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, so it's important they can stay focused and carry out their tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also essential because document control specialists regularly communicate with internal and external departments. They must have strong computer skills and be well-versed in Microsoft Office products and can learn new concepts/hardware/technologies quickly and upskills on learning technology
Scope of Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain a documentation management system to coordinate and manage all documentation required to support operations and all projects across the ERP-SAP integration project
2. Develop and maintain trackers and tools as required to support metrics and tracking of documentation
3. Co-ordinate internal and external review and approval of documentation to meet manufacturing and project
4. Proactively progress documents to achieve schedule adherence and to site policies & compliance with cGMPs
5. Update and format documentation including SOPs, forms, logbooks, and label templates
6. Co-ordinate processing of documents in PDOCS
7. Be a reliable point of contact for documentation process and current status of documents
8. Responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of documentation management processes/systems
9. Ensure any relevant updates to finite schedule are accurately reflected
10. Develop and deploy training program as needed.
11. Assist in the preparation of reports/presentations as required
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline
• 1-2 years pharmaceutical / documentation experience.
• Strong Computer skills including MS Office; SAP experience beneficial
• Previous experience in a GMP Documentation role desirable.
• Expertise in Instructional Design and delivery and experience with delivering Training, Train the Trainer is an advantage.