Day Rate: Up to £375 per day
12 month contract
Key Skills: background within bioinformatics e.g. a data Science / Programming / Statistician, pervious teaching/training experienc.
The main responsibilities will be:
• support the organisation of instructor-led training courses offered by the R&D Data Science Learning & Development Team (DS&AI); the current portfolio includes courses on basic programming (R and Python), statistical analysis, machine learning, coding best practices and analytical pipelines for ‘omics data (mainly transcriptomics and proteomics);
• contribute to the development of new courses, in bioinformatics and data science related topics, in response to the needs of stakeholders;
• contribute to the development of training materials for both online and in person training and
• conduct technical training on one or more of the above mentioned topics where/if appropriate.
Additionally, they will be involved in:
• supporting our existing trainers in curriculum planning, development and delivery, as appropriate for different courses,
• running training needs analysis to identify unmet gaps and consequently develop training solutions to address such gaps and
• training course evaluation through analysis of trainees’ feedback.
• Implements and coordinates training and course selections
• Monitor training programs and future needs in line with guidelines and requirements and within control and efficiency objectives
• Designs and develop training courses and materials
• Liaise with internal and external trainers to ensure that courses’ content is up-to-date, in line with the audience needs and revised to take into consideration participants’ feedback
• Promote our training offering via web pages, Workplace and other relevant channels
• Deliver technical training (if appropriate)
• A degree in life sciences, statistics or computer science
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
If you are interested please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org