The key responsibilities are:
- Management of a team of analysts and risk management functions of an assigned market / portfolio (including underwriting, transaction monitoring, chargebacks, and periodic merchant reviews).
- Risk assessment of merchant business models and financial profiles in the POS (Point-of-Sale), MOTO (Mail Order/ Telephone Order), and ECOM (E-Commerce) transaction environment including the inherent risks related to credit card acceptance/ acquiring.
- Performing analyst and auto decision oversight, in addition to approval of higher risk merchant applications and reviews referred by team members.
- High level portfolio performance and risk monitoring of the assigned portfolio, including participation in daily transaction monitoring, investigations and AML oversight.
- Coaching and oversight to optimise development, portfolio risk management and team performance in accordance with company objectives (including targets around losses and merchants boarded)
- Accountable for risk event escalation plus preparation of regular portfolio performance reporting and presentation to local European / senior management.
- Development and maintenance of local risk policies and processes, ensuring market specific appropriateness and compliance with local governance requirements, regulations and scheme rules.
- Being internal contact for risk and card scheme related issues (this will include AML responsibilities)
- Participation in regulatory and card scheme compliance monitoring, audits and reporting.
- Communication across lines of business and all key stakeholder groups.
- Close cooperation and collaboration with other Risk Management teams in Dublin, Warsaw, Madrid & Cologne.
- Strong commercial awareness, financial analysis and underwriting skills
- Experience managing people and at least 5 years relevant experience in merchant acquiring underwriting / risk management, or commercial bank lending.
- Ability to assimilate complex business demands, risks and regulations to drive continuous process improvement and delivery within a regulated fin-tech.
- Familiarity with card scheme rules, KYC (Know Your Customer)/ AML (Anti Money Laundering) requirements and practices.
- Persistent and thorough personality with strong communication, organisation and prioritisation skills to succeed within a fast paced, efficient, customer focused organisation.
- Relevant degree in Business/finance.
- German market knowledge and/or language fluency would be highly advantageous.