Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for an Utilities Automation Engineer for an initial 11 months contract based in their Grange Castle Site. This is an exciting opportunity to join Europe's state of the art Biopharma site in Grangecastle.
Job Title: Utilities Automation Engineer
Department: Automation Engineering
Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals Grange Castle manufacturing plant is situated on a 90-acre site in South Dublin. Grange Castle's state of the art technology & production expertise results in the production of quality-driven products that improve people's lives around the world. Grange Castle houses state-of-the-art pilot-plant, laboratories and equipment for the development of processes for production of many different types of biological drugs, including proteins.
The Automation Engineer will be involved in supporting our highly automated plant- systems used on-site including (but not limited to) Siemens, Allen Bradley, DeltaV, Honeywell and OSI Historian software and hardware etc.
Reporting to the Utilities Automation Lead, this role is part of core Engineering Team, supporting both sustaining activities & delivering on key projects as required.
- Must be solutions orientated, delivery focused and passionate about supporting production with technical support solutions.
- Supporting site sustaining areas & Capital projects as required.
- Implement code/systems changes on the automation systems under change management/ change control.
- Participate in the development of the Automated System Life Cycle documents.
- Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain the validated state of the automated systems.
- Any other activities as directed by the Utilities Automation Lead.
Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Chemical Engineering, or related field with substantial experience in this field and within a sustaining\project environment.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- At least 5 years Automation utilities systems experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Experience with QBMS/BMS HVAC systems
Knowledge or Experience Required
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong Project coordination\management experience is desirable.
Experience with following control systems
- Honeywell EBI systems - BMS requirement
- CARE coding software - BMS requirement
- Honeywell XL500 and XL800 series controllers - BMS requirement
- Honeywell Experion systems - QBMS requirement
- Honeywell C200/C300 controllers - QBMS requirement
- Experience in automation design & commissioning.
- Experience in supporting DetlaV, PLC and HMI systems in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Field I&C (Instrumentation and Control) is advantageous in this role.