Permanent role with a competitive salary and package.
My client, an API manufacturing company based in Swords, Co. Dublin are currently inviting applications for a permanent Utilities O&M Technician vacancy within the Technical Services Utilities department.
Applications are invited from multi skilled craftspersons who’s core competencies lie in chiller maintenance field preferably within a Pharmaceutical or similar environment.
The role will involve all aspects of utilities but will have a primary focus on chiller management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work Safely – identify risks and put in place mitigation actions if required.
- Ensuring that equipment failures or issues are responded to promptly and appropriately in a cross functional environment.
- Record interventions including failure codes.
- Providing guidance and solutions for preventative action where required.
- Executing planned maintenance routines including predictive, preventative and calibration activities.
- Completion of all required paperwork work orders, LOTO, permits
- Ensuring all Work Orders are completed in a compliant manner and asset management data is captured accurately.
- Provide clear and concise written and verbal handovers to colleagues.
- Participating in project activities and reviews. Identifying job plan activities and spare parts for planned activities.
- Identifying and Supporting major equipment overhauls and manage vendors when on site.
- Supporting development of training information, cross train colleagues.
- Assisting colleagues and other functions with tasks – i.e. HVAC, water systems, Nitrogen systems etc.
- Working in cross functional teams where Operational Excellence techniques are used to optimise processes.
- Ensuring the site is audit ready at all times, house-keeping standards are always adhered to, training completed on time.
- Ensuring chillers are available to maintain the production schedule.
- The successful candidate must possess at minimum a Level 7 Electrical or Instrumentation or Mechanical related qualification.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a maintenance or relevant engineering role in a regulated manufacturing environment is essential i.e. in a pharmaceutical, medical device or FMCG facility.
- Experience in a chiller management and maintenance is preferable.
- CMSS experience
- It is essential that Utilities Technician prioritises safety, quality and reliability in every task.
- High level of attention to detail in following procedures and must be flexible and open to change.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving ability and adhere to scheduled timelines.
Due to the nature of manufacturing operations, out of hours support may be required.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility, responsiveness and the ability to self manage and priorities.