Utility & HVAC Lead, RCMF
Start Date: Q1 2021
End Date: Q3 2023
Location: Home (WFH), Architect / Engineer (A/E) Offices, Ringaskiddy Site
Reporting to the Engineering Lead, role is responsible to:
- Act as the Primary Utility & HVAC interface with A/E Services provider during the Engineering phase of the project
- Deliver a high-end facility with respect to the Utility & HVAC scope, in line with industry best practices, within budget and schedule, without compromising safety
- Encourage and develop conduct with respect to safety, wherein demonstration is key
- Initiate and maintain an open relationship with the A/E team and the wider Pfizer team to ensure successful project delivery
- Ensure A/E Service provider delivers Utility & HVAC scope in line with Pfizer expectations, including the application of standards and guidelines
- Manage and approve Utility & HVAC deliverables
- Draw from experience in relation to design and engineering solutions required to provide a world class design and construction installation
- Ensure that information fed into the design from vendors is correctly utilized.
- Ensure that the facility is designed with both Operations and Maintenance functions in mind.
- Verify that Utility & HVAC design input to the 3D model is provided in sufficient detail to allow the contractor build the facility with minimum change required.
- Attend & contribute to all Utility & HVAC reviews (incl. 3D Model) with A/E service provider
- With the Project Quality Lead, ensure that the appropriate Quality standards are applied for the Engineering phase of the project, consistent with best practice and internal Quality Standards and expectations
- Maintain strong interface with Electrical / Instruments and Mechanical / Piping leads to ensure smooth and co-operative co-ordination through design and construction
- Support the Equipment FAT Planning & Execution phase of the project
- FAT attendance and co-ordination
- Ensure that adequate resources are applied, within the cost constraints of the project, to achieve the project goals
- Review and monitor all Utility & HVAC construction queries to A/E service provider and ensure that responses to subcontractors are accurate and timely.
- Feed accurate and relevant data into all Utility & HVAC subcontractor packages
- For the Building Management System, support the generation, review and approval of the Automation Functional Requirements Specifications (Sequence of Operations), as well as Automation FAT testing
- Adjust day-to-day role requirements depending on the immediate demands and requirements set down by the project as a whole.
- Support the transfer of knowledge from A/E (design) to CM (construction).
- Escalate issues to the Engineering Lead, as required and necessary to avoid impacting upon project KPIs
- Provide Utility & HVAC support to the CQV phase of the project including leadership of the Utility & HVAC CQV team effort (e.g. Testing & Balancing etc.), providing the necessary support for the CQV system owners