Value Stream Leader
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
• Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
• Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
• Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
• Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
• Leads strategy development and deployment for the value stream.
• Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
• Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas
• In cooperation with the Operational Excellence Leader, works to drive the principles of the Operating System and maintain continuous improvement activities (Kaizen) across the value stream.
• Leads the creation of the current-state and future-state value stream maps and the implementation plan for getting from present to future. Reports progress on a regular basis to senior management.
• Recommends and implements training programs to address skill requirements necessary to facilitate internal promotions and job satisfaction to maximize productivity of production employees. As applicable, provides cross-training for production employees to ensure back-up personnel exist for all key positions.
• Exercises direct supervision over cell engineers and technicians with respect to safety, production, cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
• Indirect leadership of production supervisor team.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Level 8, 3rd level University qualification in Business, Engineering or a related field with emphasis in management.
• Six Sigma/Lean tools certified
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, BPCS an advantage
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing or related field; preferably in a GMP medical manufacturing environment
• Supervisory Management experience (either Production, Engineering, Quality, etc.)
Any applicant must have a valid visa for Ireland to apply. Stamp 4 or an EU passport.