The Value Stream Manager has overall responsibility for the Value Stream in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders, Quality and Cost.
A pivotal leadership role where organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of structured manufacturing management processes.
The role will be responsible for the daily manufacturing operations and driving a continuous improvement culture in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. This role will also be a key member of the operations team responsible for ramping and transferring new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Manufacturing the role will lead a value stream within the manufacturing plant.
- Prepares the Manufacturing Supply Plan to meet monthly demand requirements across all product families.
- Variance analysis of same to update and reconcile manufacturing, KPI’s.
- Capability planning to ensure the resources are in place to execute the monthly supply plan.
- Developing annual budgets for labour, consumables and maintenance costs.
- Directing and managing the core production support teams to achieve output, quality and cost targets through a tier structured business management process.
- Identifies areas of operations improvement in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Lead Time, Productivity and Cost through the use of value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement plans based on the value stream map using Lean Manufacturing concepts / tools.
- Responsible for ramping and transferring the introduction of new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
- Track implementation and completion of CAPA’s applicable to the Value Stream. Ensure adequate resources are available to carry out these activities
- Manages, coaches, motivates and develops indirect manufacturing team within the Value Stream through Coaching, mentoring and identification of training needs
- Effectively communicates and supports manufacturing and corporate objectives and provides direction on how employees contribute to the achievement of those objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal functions across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, HR, Finance and Supply Chain Groups.
- Maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere. Ensure that there is good communication and co-operation by encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas within the site.
- Ability to manage, coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect staff applying a team approach.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people leaders and develop talent internally
- Proven ability to generate operational budgets within a WCM facility
- Structured Problem Solving, Lean systems tools including value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement in a regulated medical device manufacturing environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills; problem solving skills are essential.
- Instils and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream, through a culture of accountability, innovation and recognition.
- Lead by influence and negotiation with listening & leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering or business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience leading large multi-functional teams.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated / medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives.
- Directed Lean Sigma process improvements/implementations.