My client, a Co. Mayo based multinational seeks to hire a qualified accountant initially on a contract basis. You will be a fully qualified accountant, with 2years + experience gained within a European VAT team within a multinational organisation. You will be responsible for playing a key role in ensuring VAT compliance within the organisation. This role reports to the Finance Manager. It will require some onsite training after which, remote working is possible. This is a contract via CPL till 31/10/2021 with a view to extension and/or permanency dependant on personal performance and business requirements.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat & VIES returns. Prepare and submit all VAT related returns for a number of entities in the EAM Region.
- Review and approve VAT related returns prepared by colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- Arrange payments of VAT liabilities in a timely manner.
- Compilation of supporting documents to ensure that full audit trail is available for audit inspections on a timely basis.
- Reconciliation of VAT accounts.
- Assist with month end duties including running Intrastat reports, transfer of VAT balances etc.
- Complete VAT control checklists on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with indirect tax and fiscal requirements.
- Deal professionally and efficiently with VAT enquiries from all parts of the group and from customers and vendors.
- Partner with the business to understand business requirements and proactively provide solutions to ensure that the product flows and systems design are compliant with fiscal requirements.
- Support new business development including finding VAT compliant solutions for new business models. Review and validate purchase and sales invoices on a regular basis, ensuring appropriate VAT treatment and correct use of VAT codes.
- Ensure all documentation is in compliance with the EU Invoicing Directive and other fiscal requirements in each country.
- Ensure the integrity of systems Co-ordinate with other departments and business units to ensure the integrity of the systems and controls relating to VAT & Intrastat.
- Manage training to other departments and outsourced third parties to ensure they have the VAT understanding & knowledge required for their roles.
- Provide training on documentation, VAT codes etc. to other employees as appropriate.
- Provide issue resolution and support to outsourced third parties on all VAT related queries
- Follow up on the VAT issue log weekly to ensure outsourced third parties are actively closing issues
- Ensure supporting documentation is available for audit reviews as required.
- Assist in the management of VAT aspects of all tax authority audits of European legal entities and minimise cost and reputational damage to the local companies and the overall group.
- Develop & maintain good working relationships with colleagues in many business units.
- The success of the VAT function requires close inter-working between the staff in this and other functions such as Accounts Payable, Customer Service, master data, GS VAT team etc.
- Many of these other functions are located in other offices.
- Project Accountabilities / Scope Participate in all SSC projects which involve VAT.
- Qualified Accountant - CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 2 years’ experience working as part of a European VAT team.
- Working knowledge of European VAT requirements.
- Experienced preparing and submitting European VAT returns, Intrastat and VIES returns.
- SAP experience desirable.
- Alteryx experience desirable
- English – Essential; Another European language – Desired
For more information, please send CV’s to email@example.com