The Voluntary Corporate Actions Analyst is responsible for the daily processing associated with researching, soliciting and instructing on all Voluntary Corporate Action events. The successful candidate will assist with co-ordinating the flow of required information between various stakeholders, including the Front Office, Portfolio Managers, Treasurer’s offices and Custodian banks.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
• 3 years of Financial Services experience, preferably in Mutual Fund Operations
• Voluntary Corporate Actions experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• In-depth knowledge of Corporate Actions concepts and practice
The Purpose of Your Role
The Global Corporate Actions team is responsible for all aspects of Corporate Actions processing. This includes Income, Mandatory and Voluntary events. The successful applicant will interact with many groups within the Clients organization and represent the business to customers and business partners.
The Skills You Bring
• Your in-depth knowledge of Voluntary Corporate Actions concepts and practices
• Your knowledge of the custody industry and mutual fund operations
• Your ability to solve problems of a complex nature for all Corporate Actions disciplines
• Your strong written and verbal communications skills
• Your ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Your strong client-service skills
• Your Innovative mind-set – you look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions.
The Value You Deliver
• Processing the flow of required information between internal and external groups.
• Ensuring quality processing for corporate actions instructions.
• Validating event restrictions and completing event documentation as required.
• Managing the communication of complex voluntary corporate actions to Legal.
• Providing subject matter expertise for key projects and initiatives.
• Assisting the management team in establishing group goals and driving achievements.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Global Middle Office acts as a servicing centre for FMR Co.'s trading desks globally, facilitating the confirmation and settlement of security and currency transactions with brokers and custodian banks, and providing daily cash estimates to Trading. It is also responsible for coordinating corporate action executions, ensuring the collection of income to the Funds, resolving position differences and facilitating securities lending activities