Our client is a scaling USA SaaS business setting up a new European hub for Tech Development.
Our client is looking for a leader who is passionate about leading Product development in their newest European site. You will lead and grow several development teams across product and infrastructure, working closely with engineering teams, product managers, designers, QA engineers and others to bring their products and infrastructure services to life.
You’ll play a key role in establishing their presence in the tech community and drive their strategy to attract and retain diverse top talent in the site location.
In this role, you will set long-term direction for the office and work with a variety of functions to ensure its success. You’ll be responsible for culture in the office, including but not limited to engineering. This is a high-visibility, high-impact role for our client that goes well beyond the scope of a typical engineering management role.
Responsibilities - VP Engineering
- Responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our client’s values
- Ensure your teams deliver extraordinary output and continuously seek ways to make an outsized impact
- Craft technical and product strategy for initiatives key to their strategy
- Partner with recruiting in building a local pipeline of diverse, highly qualified candidates to fuel their growth
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time
Responsibilities - Site Lead
- Set direction for their engineering organization at the site, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Represent the site to the rest of the Company, working with global functions (e.g., real estate, office, facilities, IT, etc) to ensure that the office has what it needs to thrive as we grow
- Represent the Company in the site, building a local brand and relationships with the local tech community, academia, and government
- Drive recruitment with the goal to take the site to 150 employees in 2 years