The Workforce Planning Manager is responsible for overall management of workforce planning ensuring an efficient workload and workforce balance while also supporting Covalen’s overall strategy.
The Workforce Planning Manager designs and implements innovative processes, procedures, and workforce management tools, evaluates, and manages team capacity to ensure SLA delivery and also helps to prepare the business for future changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement daily scheduling to ensure staffing levels are balanced in line with SLA requirements.
- Manage and monitor ticket volume and staffing data.
- Monitor service levels and deliver real-time forecasting, incorporating appropriate staffing variables e.g., shrinkage, attrition, etc. Analyse work volume variances to forecast and providing direction to adjust scheduling/staffing levels accordingly.
- Ensure sufficient time is planned to support the business needs through training, individual development, wellness, team meetings, etc.
- Perform weekly/month/quarterly and ad-hoc capacity checks to understand the resources available by team, to support current, upcoming projects and potential high priority requests from the client.
- Utilizes data from various tools to provide in-depth analysis of workload factors and deliver results of analysis and recommendations to management. for adjustments to staffing levels to ensure service level requirements and financial efficiency measurements.
- Work with operational and support function teams to understand the inputs, trends in actuals vs. forecasts as well as expected upcoming events to assist in creation of the capacity plans to better predict what is expected to happen going forward.
- Carry out root cause analysis, identify areas of opportunity, and create continuous improvement plans to deliver more accurate forecasts.
- Provide advice and support to management on the most efficient and cost-effective strategies to deliver on service level agreements.
- Work with management on the business strategy to ensure we employ enough staff with the right skills at the right time. Work closely with operational and support function teams to understand headcount levels, help develop hiring plans and retention plans.
- Identify and overcome internal and external barriers to accomplishing strategic workforce goals.
- Coordinate escalation plan when service levels are negatively impacted due to workforce planning.
- Leverage change management and project management skills to effectively implement workforce management best practices.
- Develops strong working relationships with other groups within the organization to ensure efficient and effective problem solving and issue resolution.
- The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities involved and consequently, the Workforce Planning Manager may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the role.
The suitable candidate must have a deep-rooted passion for delivering success. The suitable candidate will have formidable experience and working knowledge of:
- Strong command of workforce management solutions
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset of evaluating existing processes to find operational efficiencies.
- Meticulous organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to think both logically and creatively with a business-focused approach.
- Ability to identify and analyse issues and problems, developing solutions and using experience and judgment to make sound and dependable decisions.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships with management to effectively drive change on major, complex and long-lasting initiatives.
- Proactively drive for results and promote growth.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability and experience dealing with ambiguity, change, and challenging problems.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability multitask, manage multiple issues and deliver to deadlines.
- Be flexible and innovative.
- Be proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent management skills and be able to interface easily with both internal staff at all levels, partners, and clients.
- Show a commitment to continuous learning
- Possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Adheres to and promotes Covalen’s Values.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science or other quantitative field (desirable)
- 3+ years of work experience in a mix of operations, capacity planning
- Experience working with workforce management / workforce optimisation tools e.g. Verint, Aspect, etc.
- Strong contact centre industry knowledge gained from roles within complex fast-paced multi-skilled & multi-site environments.
- Working knowledge of scheduling, capacity planning, real-time analytics, or workforce planning
- Data analytics/business analytics experience
- Experience executing and delivering complex operational projects and continual process improvement involving multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems with ease, also have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of providing advice and guidance at management level
- Fluent level of the English language – written and spoken is essential.