The maintenance planner is responsible for delivering key elements against an asset care strategy, major shut down planning and day to day job plans and packs, job prioritization, resource & spare parts planning, downtime mitigation planning through various reporting’s and continuous improvement of the Work Management System (WMS).
This role ensures governance and gate keeping of the CMMS and the development of the asset care policy together with the maintenance pillars of excellence employed by the asset care strategy.
This is a key role to enhance asset reliability through the maintenance strategy and actively contribute in the team’s objective of achieving Maintenance excellence at the Cork site.
Specific Job Description
Duties and responsibilities
• Assesses, justifies and prioritises work requests/orders on the Merck WMS (SAPNext). Ensure all stages of the WMS are adhered to:
• Developing the WMS process and enhancing as needed.
• Scheduler of planned downtime with Operations (Production and Planning functions).
• Develops job plans showing the What & How (docs, drawings, repair manuals).
• Determines job resources;
• Parts & Materials
• Regulatory requirements
• Estimates overall cost of the job.
• Performs various project tasks to achieve the maintenance pillars of excellence employed against the maintenance strategy
• Develops and cascades various reports related to costs and asset focus areas
• Reviews WO durations as part of ongoing Continuous Improvement (CI).
• The Planner will ensure all the resources necessary to do a job are accounted for and available prior to releasing the work.
• The Planner will develop plans for the Maintenance Shutdowns to assist the Shutdown Lead.
• Develops work schedules in close collaboration with the Technicians and Maintenance Supervisors.
• Responsible for PM Scrubbing (optimisation and rationalisation of PMs) and Standard Work.
• Ensure information relating to new equipment and assets designed and delivered as part of new project investments are integrated into the Maintenance systems and repositories.
• Address technical queries from the Maintenance team and other technical groups.
• Work closely with other functions (Quality, EHS, Engineering) to achieve Maintenance and business goals.
• Develop, review and update Maintenance procedures and SOPs.
• Assist in the selection of appropriate spare parts to ensure maximum availability of equipment.
• Audit participation: Represent Maintenance to ensure full quality compliance.
• Participate in the development and tracking of the departments KPIs i.e. statutory inspections, schedule attainment, labour utilization, work order backlog, PM / calibration completion rates, spare usage and costs control.
• Assist in the management of Maintenance contracts and contractors.
• Analyse equipment data to report on equipment performance.
• Supporting investigation and resolution of problems (e.g. RCAIs, FMEAs).
• Carry out all routine and non-routine tasks delegated by Maintenance management according to appropriate procedures and standards.
• Support the development and review of vendor service contracts and raise purchase requisitions as required.
The Candidate’s Profile
• Trades qualified or Engineering \ Science degree or recognised equivalent.
• Minimum 8+ years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably within the Medical Device and \ or Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Minimum of 8 years working in a Medical Device or Pharma manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 3 years working as a maintenance planner
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and control systems in a production environment
• Demonstrated high performance history, proven ability to execute and get results
• Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation.
• Preferable experience with SAPNext Maintenance Management System.
• Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality and Environmental Health and Safety
• Familiar with GMP requirements within a regulated industry.
• Effective verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively within a team environment
• High level of energy and enthusiasm and the ability to energize others
• Keen to learn & take responsibility.
• Strong organisational, time management and planning ability.
• Strong Computer Skills; ERP, CMMS master user, MS Office.
• Methodical work approach
• Willingness to work overtime as required