My client is looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals for the role of Reporting Accountant
- Would you like to work in a team whose ambition is to become a world class finance function, exceptional at developing talent and turning information into insights?
- Do you have 4 years’ experience working in a financial service and/or markets role
- Are you looking to broaden your experience whilst working in one of Irelands leading Finance Services Organisations?
Role Title: IFRS 9 Reporting Accountant, Finance
Location: Hybrid working, which will include a blend of onsite (Dublin) and remote working.
Key accountabilities include:
- Preparing monthly ECL workbooks from Management Information (MI) systems for circulation to business stakeholders and for review and analysis of the reasonableness of ECL outcomes based on underlying portfolio performance and relative to Plan.
- Preparing comprehensive ECL presentations for governance forum including ECL Committees, Exco GCC, BAC and Exco within scheduled deadlines, including commentary on key ECL metrics, portfolio trends, sensitivity analysis and emerging risks.
- Participate in and contribute to the analysis of IFRS 9 model outcomes by challenging the input assumptions and reviewing outputs and impacts on the ECL balance and P&L.
- Work with stakeholders to develop enhanced insight and understanding of emerging trends and potential ECL outcomes.
- Conduct independent analysis to determine the drivers of actual performance and support forecasting of potential future outcomes which will contribute to ECL planning.
- Undertake peer bank benchmarking analysis to inform market trends and peer approaches so that senior management gain insight into market norms.
You will need to show us that you have:
- 4+ years relevant experience working in financial services and/or markets with an ability to ‘hit the ground running’. Professional qualification is an advantage (e.g. ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA/ CFA or equivalent).
- Ability to manage relationships (internal and external), high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic, who can either work independently or as part of a small, close-knit team.
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis with excellent attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, with an ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- High level of initiative and ability to act with discretion and confidentiality.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org