Senior Casualty Underwriter - Salary up to 65K with bonus
What you need to know:
- Communicate risk appetite and Casualty Value Proposition to brokers.
- Collaborate with Distribution and other line(s) of business underwriters to target desirable accounts and cross selling opportunities from brokers.
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten.
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities for other General Insurance products.
- Work with brokers to understand deal structures, terms, and services that best meets clients’ needs.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with brokers and clients.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Working with their manager, develop an individual business plan that is in line with product strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining risk selection in adherence with product guidelines and for achieving rate, renewal retention and new business goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experience underwriters
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
- Completion of technical raters and good file management
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of Casualty Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Someone with knowledge of writing Captive risks or large SIR accounts
- Progress in Insurance exams
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude.
- Comfort with analytical tools and technology.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- 23 days holiday ( + 2 company days +bank/public hols)
- Pension 7% Employer contribution, matching another 3%
- Healthcover (with Laya and 100% is paid by the employer for the employee, their partner and any children up to the age of 21, in full time education)
- Life Assurance
- & other soft benefits (including wellness initiatives, discounts on insurance etc.)
- Hybrid - 3 days working from Dublin City Centre Office - 2 days working from home
If you have interest in this role please contact email@example.com #LI-SM3