Our client operates a world class R&D function supporting autonomous vehicle development. They are seeking a talented Hardware Design Engineer who will be part of the ECU platform team, developing the hardware to enable the next generation of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
The Function Owner (FO) is a technical expert for one or more functions. He/She supports the Function Manager by working out details and providing a consistent solution.
Initiation & Planning:
o Assist Business Development with next generation product marketing and new business requests.
o Support the function core team, provide technical leadership for discussions and planning with project/program management
o Defines his/her function with respect to boundaries, conditions and constraints
o Defines KPIs and performance per function in alignment with system requirements, develops appropriate measurement procedures
Execution & Reporting:
o Defines system requirements for his/her customer functions. For safety relevant items he/she also defines mechanisms for fault detection, related reactions and compensatory behaviour.
o Contribute in the definition of the interfaces of the customer function.
o Cooperates with Systems/SW Architects, Software Development and Test engineers to ensure consistency relating to assigned function.
o Puts his/her customer function on the bench and on the test vehicle into operation
o Supports problem resolution and change management for his/her related function together with Hardware, Software and Testing
o Review first test strategy, test list and test setup
o Provide technical lead to support customer meetings and test drives
o Report on relevant function development activities and performance
o Bachelors Degree in Software Eng., Computer Science, Physics, Electronic Eng., Mathematics or equivalent.
o At least 2 years professional experience in a relevant field.
o Basic understanding of Automotive R&D Processes.
o High level of innovation and motivation.
o Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Excellent MS-Office tools or equivalent.
o Excellent problem Solving skills
● Algorithm development experience in robotics, ultrasonics, RADAR, LIDAR, camera systems or computer vision.
● Understanding of fundamentals in statistical approaches of signal processing (Kalman Filter / Bayesian estimation / Particle Filter)
● Experienced using requirement engineering tools “DOORs”.
● Experience with PC-based simulation tools.
● Experience with Matlab, Python or equivalent prototyping tools.
● Experience with HMI/User experience requirements.
● Use of Feature Context Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
● Knowledge of Project Planning tools “ex; MSProject”
● Knowledge of developing software for embedded platforms.
● Knowledge of Software\Documents versioning System (Git or SVN)