CPL are currently recruiting a Delivery Driver as part of a nation- wide public body contract.
Salary £10.89 per/hr
Location - Ballymena
Hours - 36 p/w
This a temporary role
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the line manager the postholder will provide delivery services. He/she will be a member of a team of support staff providing services to meet the learning, information, leisure and cultural needs of the community.
1. Responsible for driving a designated library vehicle in a careful, lawful manner.
2. To be responsible for the vehicle and all equipment associated with it, ensuring the vehicle is parked safely overnight at its operational base and all materials and property are securely stored in the vehicle.
3. To be responsible for undertaking the Daily Vehicle Checks, recording this in the Vehicle Daily Walk Around Check book and immediate reporting of any defects. Wash the designated vehicle as and when necessary and ensure that the interior is kept clean and tidy.
4. Ensure that the vehicle is maintained in a safe and roadworthy condition and liaise with the line manager regarding servicing, repairs and vehicle test preparation as required.
5. Keep a detailed record of journeys; fuel issues; oil; servicing and repair work in the vehicle log and mileage sheets.
6. Report any problems to the appropriate line manager.
1. Load and offload deliveries, including stock, equipment, furniture and other supplies, as required at the location, by the officer in charge of the location.
2. Responsible for ensuring their distribution to and from appropriate points of storage as required by the officer-in-charge of the location.
3. Responsible for safe packaging of goods in preparation for transport including packing and unpacking of books
1. Attend and participate in training and staff development programmes in compliance with the Libraries NI Staff Development Policy, including Staff Appraisal.
2. Co-operate as required in the introduction, development and operation of any Information Communications Technology relevant to the grade.
3. Keep abreast of initiatives and developments within the library service.
4. Contribute to the delivery of training on routine aspects of the service.
Under the direction of the Appropriate Line Manager:
1. Assist with the maintenance of an orderly, safe and welcoming environment for clients and colleagues in accordance with Libraries NI Health and Safety policy.
2. Assist the line manager in ensuring that all equipment, including vehicles, is handled with care, maintained according to Libraries NI policy, properly secured and that the inventory is accurate and up to date.
3. Implement Libraries NI policy relating to library charges and financial handling procedures.
4. Any other duties relevant to the grade as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive or his/her designated officer from time to time.
5. It is acknowledged that the contents of this generic job description are not subject to appeal.
This job description is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor prescriptive. Libraries NI reserves the right, in consultation with the postholder, to amend the job description to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
1. valid Driving Licence.
2. a minimum of two years’ driving experience either in a library context or in a delivery driver role.
3. proven knowledge of manual handling.
4. experience of working as part of a team and explain how you have made a significant contribution to team objectives.
5. knowledge of legislative requirements associated with driving and maintaining vehicles.
Other Requirements & Constraints
6. ability to work a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required, both at base and in other service points as required.
7. have no criminal record which would prevent working with children or vulnerable adults.
Cpl is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We recognise that a diverse and inclusive workplace will better our relationships and services with our clients, our candidates, our communities, and one another. As partner to Libraries NI, Cpl support the LNI mission to “connect people with information, ideas and experience to foster lifelong learning, inspire curiosity, provide enjoyment and strengthen communities”
Be You, Be Kind, Be Proud
If successful you will be required to complete a criminal record check through Access NI, having a criminal conviction will not necessarily exclude you from this process.