Pay: £208.87 - £266.92 per day PAYE
Duration: 6 months
The organisation recognises that significant benefits could be delivered through more effective sourcing and supplier management, combined with better demand management. Delivering strong revenue growth, whilst effectively managing the cost base, will provide the client with the financial capacity required to invest in the future and to deliver its 2034 strategic plan.
Main purpose of the job
• To help with the delivery of a first class procurement service which supports the sustainable procurement strategy.
• To provide sustainable, value for money contracts, both company wide and departmental specific; to provide effective supplier management and to ensure an efficient interface between users and suppliers.
• To be the specialist in certain ranges of products, works and services, ensuring regular contact with key suppliers in order to maintain market awareness, supplier information and overall best value throughout the contract term. Liaising with users to roll out and integrate new ways of working
Duties and responsibilities
• Negotiating best value purchasing contracts, using the appropriate tendering procedures, complying with best purchasing practice, the appropriate statutory requirements and policy and procedures.
• Assisting PS divisions and academic departments in ensuring appropriate selection and tendering procedures are implemented.
• Promoting the advantages of contracts and services available from Procurement Services and develop good marketing and information techniques within the company, in partnership with suppliers as appropriate to ensure that products and services meet the needs of the end users.
• Taking responsibility for developing savings plans and delivering and tracking cashable and non-cashable benefits to achieve and demonstrate best value. Developing and introducing, in collaboration with other parts of the Finance & Business Affairs Division, ways of working, systems and procedures which yield savings in expenditure consistent with the need to acquire goods, works and services of an appropriate quality and providing a service which is shaped by the requirements of its academic and other users, and responsive to their needs.
• Promoting and facilitating the co-ordination of purchasing activities across the company, working towards the standardisation of procedures and, where appropriate, product ranges and specifications.
• Developing and maintaining systems and procedures which will provide useful and relevant market knowledge, and a means of objective performance measurement and benchmarking.
• Promoting sustainable procurement objectives including sourcing sustainably certified raw materials where such certification exists, using sustainability criteria in evaluations, and promoting sustainability objectives throughout the supply chain.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
• Graduate level membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply.
• Track record of procurement of a wide range of goods and services in a large and diverse organisation.
• Experience in the field of Information Systems procurement is essential.
• Ability to run legally compliant tenders, and experience of managing mini competitions from existing frameworks.
• Experience of drafting and advising on complex tender documentation, specifications and pricing schedules to support the tender process.
• Experienced in working in large, complex and decentralised organisations with a significant number of diverse stakeholders
Skills and abilities
• Strong negotiation skills, a good understanding of contract law and knowledge and experience of the application of the Public Procurement Regulations 2015.
• Proven track record in influencing and managing procurement improvements and delivering savings.