FINANCIAL CONTROLLER EMEA
My client, a Galway City based medical device business, seeks to hire a new Financial Controller for the EMEA region. You will be fully qualified, 7years + PQE in a multinational industry setting, Big 4 trained originally. You will have a proven track record in a Shared Service Controller organization with change management and project management experience. This role will be working remotely initially with a view to returning to the Galway City based office when it is safe to do so. This role is a permanent position, reporting to the EMEA Finance Director.
- The provision of accounting services including transaction processing, general accounting and reporting.
- Play a lead finance role in the further growth and development of the business.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and engage with external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Transition of accounting processes to the Galway site.
- Manage remote working team.
- Transition of accounting processes to SAP.
- Responsible for standardizing and implementing policies & procedures to drive compliance, efficiency and improved business productivity.
- Establish and implement appropriate internal controls and accounting policies in areas such as Revenue Recognition.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with local and US teams.
- Responsible for communicating and implementing policies, operational controls and procedures to ensure an efficient and accurate service to customers across the region.
- Contribution to the definition of service standards and continuous management of service level agreements.
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of KPI's and SLA’s.
- Financial Analysis, including month end review of business unit performance.
- Cash forecasting.
- 7+ years post qualification experience (PQE) in a multi-national environment.
- A big-4 trained and qualified Accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a Bachelors Degree.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, FRS102 and IFRS.
- Preferably have a track record in a Shared Service Controller organization with change management and project management experience.
- Strong analytical capability and an ability to appreciate the commercial impact of accounting issues.
- Experience of remote team management and development.
- Knowledge of SAP / SAGE ERP systems is essential.
- A high degree of integrity and personal ethics is required.
- Candidates should have excellent communication and leadership skills combined with strong influencing capabilities.
- Strong controls background including SOX and Internal Audit exposure.
- Flexibility for travel for business purposes.
For more information, please send cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org