My client a leader in Renewable Energy sector is currently hiring a Senior
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Support the investment and market entry activities for multimillion-dollar projects globally.
· Contribute towards investment review and assumptions included within financial models, highlighting potential efficiencies/risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals, and associated funding activities.
· Support coordination of due diligence processes.
· Carry out ad hoc deal-specific research.
· Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required.
· Provide clear financial analysis and communication of results
· In conjunction with internal teams prepare, evaluate and review investment papers including
o Investment opportunities presented by regional commercial, the M&A and other teams
o Provide regular updates and financial analysis on key stakeholders on a monthly and quarterly basis.
o project and investment appraisals and valuations; and
o Support the review of financial models and ensure best-in-class assumptions across all regions
· Be an integral part of regular assessments of existing and target markets to include:
o Market overview including government RE targets, policies, regulation, support mechanisms and tariffs
o Form of PPA, its bankability and the merchant market
o Review of PPA opportunities (FiT, auction, corporate, bilateral etc.)
o Project finance market including ECA, DFI’s appetite and terms. Any challenges foreseen
o Return hurdle rates – current and future expectations
o detailed for near-term and high-level review for early stage of financial models for material projects
· Experience and knowledge and understanding of financial models including:
o Analysis of cash flows
o Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick, correct commercial decisions
o Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented
Knowledge and Skill Requirements for the role:
· a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or Finance or a recognized professional certification (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CAIA) would be an advantage
· At least 2 years’ experience in financial modelling, valuation, project finance or a related role.
· Knowledge of and experience in the renewable energy sector is desirable but not essential
· Ability to analyze and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
· Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills essential
· Strong organization and planning skills.
· Must be self-motivated and able to take initiative. Ability to work unsupervised a necessity but must be able to integrate into multi-functional teams.
· Willingness to travel internationally as required.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
· Excellent training and ongoing professional development
· Secondment and relocation opportunities
· Career progression
Shared financial success
· A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
· Annual bonus up to 20%
· Share options
· 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
· WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
· Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
· Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
· Allowance for WFH set up
Care for health & wellbeing
· Generous health insurance subsidy
· Income protection insurance
· Life cover
· Free Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Wellness Programme
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org