Now is the Time – Library Assistant
You’ve been thinking about a new job for a while, but the pandemic stopped you moving forward, right?
You’ve thought about a new role that better meets your needs? A Job with better pay, benefits, flexibility, and prospects but so far haven’t done anything about it?
82% of our candidates recently polled are considering changing jobs in 2022. This ties in with a recent Survey by Jobsite who have found that 3 in 4 candidates are considering a career move in the new year.
CPL are currently recruiting a Library Assistant
as part a nation- wide public body contract.
Hours Mon-Sat 31.75 hrs per week
(Please note hours will increase to 33.75 HPW from September.)
Salary £10.47 per/hr
Location - Belfast
This a temporary role
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the line manager the post holder will assist in the delivery of all library services. He/she will be a member of a team of front-line staff providing library services to meet the learning, information, leisure and cultural needs of the local community.
1. a minimum of five GCSE/GCE O levels at grades A*-C or equivalent, including English and Maths or equivalent/higher qualification.
2. at least one years’ experience working with the public in a face to face customer focused environment
3. experience of using current Information Communication Technology (ICT) for accessing, selecting and using information
4. experience of working in a team environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
5. good oral and written communication skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND CONSTRAINTS
6. be able to work a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required, both at base and in other service points as required.
7. have no criminal record which would prevent working with children and/or adults at risk.
1. Experience of supporting, contributing to or delivering events or activities
2. Experience of providing a face to face service to a diverse range of the public, which must include evidence of working with children and older people, in a customer focused environment.
3. Experience of working in a public, academic or specialist Library
NB: In addition shortlisted candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following essential requirements throughout the selection process.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• proficiency in the use of e-mail and the internet to support people using online services/current technology
• knowledge of books and reading, library resources in all formats
• good interpersonal skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• ability to work co- operatively in a team environment
• positive approach to customer (internal and external) service
• ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
• approachable and confident
• tact and diplomacy
• open and engaging personality
LIBRARIES NI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
If successful you will be required to complete a criminal record check through Access NI, having a criminal conviction will not necessarily exclude you from this process. Cpl have a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, for a copy of this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.