An opportunity to join a busy and dynamic laboratory-based team as a support assistant in a Global Biopharmaceutical company.
General Job description:
Support the day-to-day operation of the lab with activities that include (non-exhaustive list):
· Prepare and maintain inventories of reagents and consumables, including inventory
· Co-ordinate visits from Vendors/Engineers to site, including managing electronic permits,
paperwork associated with site visits and communication to laboratory team.
· Ordering of materials and stock intake and control.
· Designing and implementing improved processes for inventory management and deliveries,
including generation of documented procedures.
· Organise calibrations of laboratory equipment.
· Maintain laboratory equipment listing and tagging with site Engineering team.
· and support for laboratory housekeeping duties, such as stocking of glassware,
stocking of consumables etc.
· Support for preparation of laboratory solutions
· Co-ordination of 5S certification activities, sustaining of 5S standards in the laboratory
· Involvement and co-ordination in Safety activities, such as safety induction walk through
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further
develop and define the role. Full training, induction and support will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be:
· Efficient, self-motivated, well organised person with excellent attention to detail
· Works well in a team environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Continuous Improvement mindset
· 1 – 2 years Experience in a similar role within an academic or Industrial setting would be beneficial
· Experience with 5S would be beneficial
· Experience in Safety would be beneficial