Role Purpose: As a key member of the Procurement team, this position involves daily review and forecasting of ingredient and packaging consumables to meet production demand while supporting the Head of Procurement on the raw material protein side, ensuring appropriate stock levels in accordance with the requirements of the business.
This is achieved by forecasting, liaising with suppliers as well as the relevant internal teams to gauge orders and stock requirements. The role will involve interaction with suppliers in relation to sourcing, pricing, negotiating and availability of products. This role is fast paced and requires high levels of organisation, high level administration ability, time management and attention to detail.
Key operational Responsibilities:
- Support the existing procurement team in a procurement coordination and administrative capacity with the processing of POs based on current requirements / customer forecasts
- Working closely with suppliers to deliver materials as per plan and as per specification
- Maintain, prepare and release purchase orders ensuring on time delivery of the required orders
- Notify Head of Procurement of supplier issues so corrective actions can be planned and implemented
- Closely monitor and be responsible for ordering as per category to meet desired availability goals, service levels, and customer orders
- Work closely with warehouse employees to prevent low inventory
- Monitor open purchase orders and ensure ship dates are accurate
- Maintain stock level reports daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Responsible for informing the Quality team of any issues that may impact the quality and integrity of the products.
- Analyse and resolve purchasing issues and discrepancies.
- Assist accounts with any invoice queries in relation to purchase orders
- Maintain product/price data integrity upon receiving update notification.
- Involvement in projects regarding cost efficiencies, sustainability, customer requirements, quality initiatives and I.T systems etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3rd Level qualification in a supply chain, business, finance or other discipline complementary to the demands of the Procurement Coordinator role
- 3+ years buyer, procurement, purchasing or inventory experience.
- Procurement experience in the Manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential.
- Detail orientated with strong problem-solving skills essential.
- Experience working in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Strong excel ability experience needed
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in applying or want to know more about this job 1st, contact Darren Brown in CPL Limerick in complete confidence on 087 405 3774 or email your CV to email@example.com