The accounting analyst will focus on identifying and updating the hedge accounting relationships impacted by the on-going benchmark interest rate reform.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of financial instruments used to manage interest rate risk. They will get to enhance their accounting knowledge around the classification and measurement of financial instruments (IFRS 9) and hedge accounting skills (IAS 39). The successful candidate will also develop their Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills using many formulas, pivot tables and macros (visual basic for applications).
- Booking of hedge accounting relationships, under the direction of a hedge accounting manager and documented procedures.
- Generating and saving hedge documentation for the transitioned hedge accounting relationships (approximately 300) ahead of half-year end reporting.
- Maintaining a list of the remaining hedge accounting relationships that are subject to benchmark reform for disclosure in the half-year accounts and management information.
- Supporting the preparation of disclosure notes required for the half-year reporting.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree
- Qualified / Part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and/or experience gained in areas of accounting and/or valuation of financial instruments
- An understanding of treasury business and products
- Ability to deliver to tight time deadlines with attention to detail
- A commitment to delivering consistently excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel