Specification Technologist / Technical Administrator
We are recruiting for a Specification Technologist on behalf of a local family run fresh food producer and processing company that supply a number of well-known high street brands throughout the UK and Ireland
Supporting the Technical Manager with the onsite technical function, you will be given the opportunity to deal directly with existing and new customers to ensure specifications are completed to the highest standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual with a background in food science to work in a busy, dynamic environment with the opportunity to develop, working with a large customer base.
Responsibilities will include
· Completion of Product Specifications
· Issuing of specifications to the factory ensuring correct versions are available and any amends are made as required.
· Working closely with the NPD team reviewing amending and approving new artworks to ensure this meets customer standards and internal specifications.
· Working closely with the NPD and Technical teams to ensure that the nutritional analysis, shelf life studies and organoleptic trials are completed prior to product launches.
· Assisting in the completion of customer complaints investigations;
· Assisting in the maintenance of supplier approval databases.
· Assisting in internal and customer compliance audits.
· Ensure effective audit systems are in place to secure and retain certifications and on-going customer requirements.
· Working closely with the production team to ensure that mini specs and QAS documents are issued to the lines prior to production launches.
· Liaising with Technical, NPD, and suppliers to ensure artwork and specifications are completed to the correct standards.
· Degree or relevant qualification experience
· GSCE or equivalent in English and Maths
· Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, Power point)
Salary £23K approx. + a range of benefits
For further information on this vacancy please apply via the link below or contact Meghan McNaney in the strictest confidence on 028 9072 5610