We are recruiting for a Technical Assistant on behalf of a local family run fresh food producer and processing company that supply a number of well-known high street brands throughout the UK and Ireland.
Supporting the Quality Manager by maintaining the quality management system and meeting customer expectations, you will be given the opportunity to make effective decisions to ensure the products meet with retailers, food service and food manufacturers requirement with the ability to use your own initiative to diagnose and overcome issues.
This is a great opportunity for a Technical Assistant to take the next step in their developing career and work for a truly innovative organisation.
Responsibilities will include
· Aiding in ensuring Internal Quality Systems are kept up to date
· Helping ensure Internal Audits are up to date and on file (Glass audits, GMP, fabrications
· Assisting with HACCP reviews and verifications
· Helping to ensure product lists and schedules are kept up to date (Micro, shelf life, Check lists)
· Ensuring that all Raw Material, Product and Customer specifications are met
· Confirming that all necessary records are maintained accurately
· Review and verification of completed relevant documents associated with the quality management system and management of Document Control
· Ensure Quality of product is upheld and GMP practices carried out according to procedures
· Conferring with others to co-ordinate operations and activities within or between departments, and also to raise and resolve problems, seeking and providing information and feedback whenever necessary
· Maintaining accurate and adequate records as appropriate, both manual and / or computerised, collating data, preparing reports and presenting information as appropriate.
· Working closely with colleagues from various teams to ensure products meet with retailers, food service & food manufacturer’s requirements
• HND/Foundation Degree/Degree in either Food Safety, HACCP or Internal Auditing (preferred, not essential)
• 3 Years Technical experience
• Relevant processing experiences e.g. cook chill/fresh produce etc.
Salary £28k approx. + a range of benefits
For further information on this vacancy please apply via the link below or contact Meghan McNaney in the strictest confidence on 028 9072 5610