Electronic & Software Development Engineer – I want to speak to you about an opportunity to join a company who develops and manufactures a wide range of camera products, including a range of x-ray cameras.
An Electronic Design Engineer is required to work in a small team designing professional digital cameras and imaging systems for scientific and surveillance markets. based in St Leonards, East Sussex .
The role involves:
- Designing hardware and FPGA firmware to meet functional and performance specifications
- Produce PCB drawings and designs for use in PCB Manufacturing and production
- Ensure compatibility between mechanical, electronic and software design is achieved.
- Write code for embedded firmware (VHDL/schematic, and C)
- Building and debugging prototypes
- Adding firmware features to existing FPGA designs
- Working with colleagues to ensure the final product meets functional, performance, quality and timescale requirements
- Supporting the manufacturing facility in resolving design-related production problems
- Supporting the test process and create test electronics when necessary
Specific skills required include:
- Degree/HNC/HND (or equivalent) in electrical/electronic/engineering discipline or
- Equivalent significant Industrial experience in the above
- FPGA firmware design (preferably Altera, VHDL)
- Coding in C for embedded hard and soft microprocessors
- Ability to understand device data sheets (typically image sensors and complex ICs) and design hardware and firmware to use them
- Hardware circuit design, schematic capture and PCB layout (preferably Altium Designer)
- The ability to fault-find electronic assemblies
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to learn
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and practicality
- A hands-on, problem-solving attitude
- In conjunction with colleagues, the ability to take a product through from initial concept to delivery to customer
- Supporting the sales team through pre- and aftersales support
The ideal candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field, and will value the autonomy and responsibility of working in a small multidisciplinary team to develop new high value professional products being sold around the world.